Horseback riding is a popular activity in Kenya, and there are many places to go horseback riding, from the savannahs of the Masai Mara to the mountains of Mount Kenya. Here are some of the most popular places for horseback riding in Kenya:
- Masai Mara: The Masai Mara is a world-renowned wildlife reserve, and it's a great place to go horseback riding to see the Big Five animals (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo).
- Laikipia: Laikipia is a region in central Kenya that is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, elephants, giraffes, and zebras. There are many horseback riding trails in Laikipia that take you through stunning scenery.
- Mount Kenya: Mount Kenya is the highest mountain in Kenya, and it's a popular destination for hiking and mountaineering. There are also a number of horseback riding trails in Mount Kenya National Park that take you through the mountain's forests and moorlands.
- Lake Nakuru: Lake Nakuru is a freshwater lake that is home to a large population of flamingos. There are also a number of other animals in Lake Nakuru National Park, including lions, rhinos, and leopards. You can go horseback riding along the lakeshore or through the park's forests.
- Samburu: Samburu is a region in northern Kenya that is home to a number of different tribes, including the Samburu and the Maasai. There are many horseback riding trails in Samburu that take you through the region's savannahs and forests.
No matter where you go horseback riding in Kenya, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to Kenya:
- Choose a riding company that has a good reputation and that offers rides that are appropriate for your skill level.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in easily. You should also bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Listen to your guide and follow their instructions. They are there to keep you safe and to help you have a good time.
Enjoy your trip to Kenya!
Vacations - Kenya
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.