Horseback riding is a popular activity in India, and there are many places to go horseback riding, from the deserts of Rajasthan to the beaches of Goa. Here are some of the most popular places for horseback riding in India:
- Rajasthan: Rajasthan is a state in northwestern India known for its forts, palaces, and deserts. There are many opportunities for horseback riding in Rajasthan, from short rides through villages to multi-day treks through the Thar Desert.
- Kerala: Kerala is a state in southwestern India known for its lush green hills and backwaters. There are many opportunities for horseback riding in Kerala, from rides through tea plantations to treks through the jungle.
- Goa: Goa is a state in southwestern India known for its beaches and nightlife. There are also opportunities for horseback riding in Goa, from beach rides to treks through the hills.
- Himachal Pradesh: Himachal Pradesh is a state in northern India known for its mountains and valleys. There are many opportunities for horseback riding in Himachal Pradesh, from short rides through villages to multi-day treks through the Himalayas.
- Uttarakhand: Uttarakhand is a state in northern India known for its mountains and rivers. There are many opportunities for horseback riding in Uttarakhand, from short rides through villages to multi-day treks through the Himalayas.
No matter where you go horseback riding in India, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to India:
- The best time to go horseback riding in India is during the winter months, when the weather is mild. The summer months can be hot and humid, and the monsoon season can be wet and muddy.
- Choose a riding company that has a good reputation and that offers rides that are appropriate for your skill level.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in easily. You should also bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Listen to your guide and follow their instructions. They are there to keep you safe and to help you have a good time.
The cost of horseback riding in India varies depending on the location, the length of the ride, and the type of ride. A short ride through a village might cost around ₹500, while a multi-day trek through the Himalayas could cost several thousand rupees.
Horseback riding is a great way to explore India and experience the country's diverse cultures and landscapes. With so many places to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect horseback riding experience for you.
Enjoy your trip to India!
Vacations - India
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.