When finding a company to ship horses, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Experience: The company should have experience in shipping horses. This means that they should have a team of experienced and qualified staff who know how to handle and care for horses during shipping.
- Reputation: The company should have a good reputation. You can read online reviews or ask for recommendations from other horse owners to get a sense of the company's reputation.
- Services: The company should offer the services that you need. For example, if you need the company to pick up your horse from your home and deliver it to a showground, make sure that the company offers this service.
- Cost: The cost of shipping horses can vary depending on the distance that the horse needs to be shipped and the services that you need. Get quotes from several companies before you make a decision.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when choosing a company to ship horses:
- Licensing: Make sure that the company is licensed to ship horses in the states that you will be shipping to and from.
- Insurance: Make sure that the company has insurance to cover any damage or injury to your horse during shipping.
- Communication: The company should be willing to communicate with you throughout the shipping process. They should be able to provide you with updates on the status of your horse and answer any questions that you have.
It is also a good idea to visit the company's facilities in person before you choose them to ship your horse. This will give you a chance to see how they operate and to meet the staff who will be handling your horse.
By carefully considering all of the factors involved, you can find a reputable and experienced company to ship your horse safely and efficiently.
DISCLAIMER: This list is for informational use only. Equine Info Exchange can not offer advice or warranty service quality.