Horseback riding is a popular activity in Namibia, and there are many places to go horseback riding, from the dunes of the Namib Desert to the mountains of the Skeleton Coast. Here are some of the most popular places for horseback riding in Namibia:
- Namib Desert: The Namib Desert is one of the oldest deserts in the world, and it is home to a variety of wildlife, including oryx, springboks, and zebras. You can go horseback riding through the sand dunes, or you can ride along the coast and see the famous Skeleton Coast.
- Etosha National Park: Etosha National Park is home to a variety of animals, including elephants, lions, and rhinos. You can go horseback riding through the park and see the animals in their natural habitat.
- Damaraland: Damaraland is a region in northwestern Namibia that is known for its rugged landscape and its unique rock formations. You can go horseback riding through the mountains and valleys, or you can ride along the Kunene River.
- Waterberg Plateau Park: Waterberg Plateau Park is a mountainous region in central Namibia. You can go horseback riding through the forests and grasslands, or you can ride to the top of the plateau and enjoy the panoramic views.
- Kaokoveld: The Kaokoveld is a remote region in northwestern Namibia. It is home to the Himba people, a tribe known for their traditional way of life. You can go horseback riding through the Kaokoveld and experience the beauty of this wild and untamed region.
No matter where you go horseback riding in Namibia, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to Namibia:
Enjoy your trip to Namibia!
Vacations - Namibia
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.