New Zealand is a great place for horseback riding, with stunning scenery and a variety of trails to choose from. Here are some of the best places for horseback riding in New Zealand:
- Queenstown: Queenstown is a popular tourist destination in New Zealand, and there are many horseback riding companies that offer rides in the area. You can ride through the Remarkables Mountains, along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or through the Kawarau Gorge.
- Glenorchy: Glenorchy is a small town located at the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Park. It's a great place to go horseback riding, as you can ride through the park's stunning scenery, including mountains, forests, and lakes.
- Waitomo: Waitomo is famous for its glowworm caves, but it's also a great place to go horseback riding. You can ride through the forest and along the river, and you may even get to see some glowworms.
- Marlborough: Marlborough is a region in the South Island of New Zealand that is known for its vineyards. You can go horseback riding through the vineyards, or you can ride along the coast and take in the views of the Marlborough Sounds.
- Taupo: Lake Taupo is the largest lake in New Zealand, and it's a great place to go horseback riding. You can ride along the lakeshore, through the forests, or up into the mountains.
No matter where you go horseback riding in New Zealand, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to New Zealand:
- The best time to go horseback riding in New Zealand is during the spring or fall, when the weather is mild. The summer months can be hot and humid, and the winter months can be cold and wet.
- Choose a riding company that has a good reputation and that offers rides that are appropriate for your skill level.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in easily. You should also bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Listen to your guide and follow their instructions. They are there to keep you safe and to help you have a good time.
Enjoy your trip to New Zealand!
Vacations - New Zealand
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.