There are a few things that are unique about wagering on horse racing in the United States.
- The use of pari-mutuel betting. Pari-mutuel betting is a system where all bets on a race are pooled together, and the winners are paid out based on the odds. This system is unique to horse racing in the United States, and it ensures that all bettors have an equal chance of winning.
- The variety of wagers available. There are a wide variety of wagers available in horse racing, from simple win, place, and show bets to more complex exotic bets like trifectas and superfectas. This gives bettors a lot of flexibility in how they want to wager on races.
- The popularity of horse racing in the United States. Horse racing is one of the most popular spectator sports in the United States, and this popularity is reflected in the amount of wagering that takes place. In 2021, Americans wagered over $15 billion on horse racing.
Here are some of the most common wagers in horse racing:
- Win: This is the simplest type of wager, and it simply requires you to pick the horse that will win the race.
- Place: This wager requires you to pick the horse that will finish first or second in the race.
- Show: This wager requires you to pick the horse that will finish first, second, or third in the race.
- Exacta: This wager requires you to pick the horses that will finish first and second in the race, in the correct order.
- Trifecta: This wager requires you to pick the horses that will finish first, second, and third in the race, in the correct order.
- Superfecta: This wager requires you to pick the horses that will finish first, second, third, and fourth in the race, in the correct order.
These are just a few of the many wagers that are available in horse racing. If you're interested in learning more about wagering on horse racing, there are many resources available online and at racetracks.
Wagering - United States
DISCLAIMER: By accessing the links from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you are agreeing to the following terms and any other terms or conditions that management may see fit to impose from time to time. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC accepts no responsibility or liability for any losses which may be incurred by any person or persons using the whole or part of the contents of the information, systems, plans, methods, competitions and games contained herein and made available on this site. Use the information provided on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site at your own risk. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not recommend an online casino or other Internet site or business, we accept no responsibility for anything which may or may not occur through any dealings you have with those other sites. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that all businesses you deal with have a good reputation and will honor their word and promises. No gambling occurs on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC website. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC is not a casino. The EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE website may link to games which are provided on an 'as is basis' and may be played for free for fun purposes by registered members. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not promote or encourage illegal or underage gambling, or gambling to persons who reside in jurisdictions where gambling is considered unlawful. In those instances, this site is presented for informational and entertainment purposes only. By entering websites which link from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you agree that you are aware of the terms outlined herein and reside in an area where it is not unlawful to gamble online.