There are a few unique things about wagering on horse racing in France:
- The Pari Mutuel system. All betting on horse racing in France is done through the Pari Mutuel, which is a pool betting system. This means that all bets on a race are pooled together, and the winnings are divided among the bettors who picked the winning horse. This system is different from the way betting is done in many other countries, where bets are placed with individual bookmakers.
- The écurie system. The écurie system is a way of betting on multiple horses in the same race. Under this system, you can bet on a group of horses to finish in any order, and if any of your horses win, you will receive a payout. This system is popular in France because it allows you to spread your risk and increase your chances of winning.
- The minimum bet. The minimum bet on horse racing in France is €2. This is lower than the minimum bet in many other countries, which makes it more accessible to casual bettors.
- The dividends. Dividends in France are declared to a one-euro unit. This means that if you win a bet, you will receive your winnings rounded down to the nearest euro.
In addition to these unique features, there are also a few other things to keep in mind when wagering on horse racing in France:
- The language. The Pari Mutuel system is conducted in French, so you will need to be able to understand the betting terms if you want to place a bet.
- The taxes. There is a 7.5% tax on all winnings from horse racing bets in France.
- The legal age. The legal age for betting on horse racing in France is 18.
Wagering - France
DISCLAIMER: By accessing the links from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you are agreeing to the following terms and any other terms or conditions that management may see fit to impose from time to time. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC accepts no responsibility or liability for any losses which may be incurred by any person or persons using the whole or part of the contents of the information, systems, plans, methods, competitions and games contained herein and made available on this site. Use the information provided on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site at your own risk. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not recommend an online casino or other Internet site or business, we accept no responsibility for anything which may or may not occur through any dealings you have with those other sites. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that all businesses you deal with have a good reputation and will honor their word and promises. No gambling occurs on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC website. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC is not a casino. The EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE website may link to games which are provided on an 'as is basis' and may be played for free for fun purposes by registered members. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not promote or encourage illegal or underage gambling, or gambling to persons who reside in jurisdictions where gambling is considered unlawful. In those instances, this site is presented for informational and entertainment purposes only. By entering websites which link from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you agree that you are aware of the terms outlined herein and reside in an area where it is not unlawful to gamble online.