There are a few things that make wagering on horse racing in Australia unique.
- The variety of betting markets available. Australian bookmakers offer a wide range of betting markets on horse races, including win, place, show, trifecta, quadrella, first four, and exotic bets. This gives punters a lot of flexibility in how they can bet on races.
- The popularity of boxed bets. Boxed bets are a type of bet where you select multiple horses in a race and your bet will win if any of the horses you selected finish in the specified positions. Boxed bets are very popular in Australia because they offer a good chance of winning with a relatively small stake.
- The use of the whip. In Australia, jockeys are only allowed to use the whip a maximum of five times in the final 100 meters of a race. This rule is designed to protect the horses and to ensure that races are won on merit.
- The importance of the Melbourne Cup. The Melbourne Cup is the most famous horse race in Australia and it is also one of the most popular sporting events in the country. The Cup is held every year on the first Tuesday of November and it attracts millions of spectators and bettors from all over the world.
Overall, wagering on horse racing in Australia is a popular and exciting activity. The variety of betting markets available, the popularity of boxed bets, the use of the whip, and the importance of the Melbourne Cup all contribute to the unique appeal of horse racing betting in Australia.
Here are some other unique aspects of wagering on horse racing in Australia:
- The use of tote betting. Tote betting is a system where all bets on a race are pooled together and the winning bettors share the pool. Tote betting is very popular in Australia and it is the main way that people bet on horse races in the country.
- The availability of live streaming. Many Australian bookmakers offer live streaming of horse races. This allows punters to watch races in real time and to place bets on the races as they are happening.
- The use of mobile betting. Mobile betting is very popular in Australia and many bookmakers offer apps that allow punters to bet on horse races from their smartphones and tablets.
Wagering - Australia
DISCLAIMER: By accessing the links from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you are agreeing to the following terms and any other terms or conditions that management may see fit to impose from time to time. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC accepts no responsibility or liability for any losses which may be incurred by any person or persons using the whole or part of the contents of the information, systems, plans, methods, competitions and games contained herein and made available on this site. Use the information provided on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site at your own risk. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not recommend an online casino or other Internet site or business, we accept no responsibility for anything which may or may not occur through any dealings you have with those other sites. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that all businesses you deal with have a good reputation and will honor their word and promises. No gambling occurs on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC website. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC is not a casino. The EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE website may link to games which are provided on an 'as is basis' and may be played for free for fun purposes by registered members. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not promote or encourage illegal or underage gambling, or gambling to persons who reside in jurisdictions where gambling is considered unlawful. In those instances, this site is presented for informational and entertainment purposes only. By entering websites which link from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you agree that you are aware of the terms outlined herein and reside in an area where it is not unlawful to gamble online.