There are a few unique things about wagering on horse racing in Germany:
- It is one of the most popular sports bets in the country. According to a 2020 study by the German Sports Betting Association, horse racing was the most popular sport to bet on in Germany, with over 40% of all sports bets placed on horse racing.
- It is the only type of online gambling that is legal in Germany. In 2008, the German government passed a law that banned most forms of online gambling, but made an exception for horse racing. This means that you can legally bet on horse racing online in Germany, even though you cannot legally bet on other sports online.
- There are a number of different betting options available. In addition to the traditional win, place, and show bets, you can also bet on a variety of other outcomes, such as the exacta, trifecta, and quinella. You can also bet on the overall winner of a race meeting or a season.
- The betting markets are very competitive. There are a number of different betting companies operating in Germany, and they all compete to offer the best odds. This means that you can usually get good value for your money when you bet on horse racing in Germany.
Overall, wagering on horse racing in Germany is a popular and exciting way to enjoy the sport. There are a number of different betting options available, and the betting markets are very competitive. If you are looking for a fun and legal way to bet on sports, then horse racing is a great option in Germany.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when wagering on horse racing in Germany:
- You must be over the age of 18 to bet on horse racing in Germany.
- There are limits on how much you can bet on each race. The maximum bet amount varies depending on the race and the betting company.
- You must pay taxes on your winnings. The tax rate is 5%.
Wagering - Germany
DISCLAIMER: By accessing the links from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you are agreeing to the following terms and any other terms or conditions that management may see fit to impose from time to time. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC accepts no responsibility or liability for any losses which may be incurred by any person or persons using the whole or part of the contents of the information, systems, plans, methods, competitions and games contained herein and made available on this site. Use the information provided on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site at your own risk. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not recommend an online casino or other Internet site or business, we accept no responsibility for anything which may or may not occur through any dealings you have with those other sites. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that all businesses you deal with have a good reputation and will honor their word and promises. No gambling occurs on the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC website. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC is not a casino. The EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE website may link to games which are provided on an 'as is basis' and may be played for free for fun purposes by registered members. EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE, LLC does not promote or encourage illegal or underage gambling, or gambling to persons who reside in jurisdictions where gambling is considered unlawful. In those instances, this site is presented for informational and entertainment purposes only. By entering websites which link from the EQUINE INFO EXCHANGE site, you agree that you are aware of the terms outlined herein and reside in an area where it is not unlawful to gamble online.