Horseback riding is a popular activity in Mongolia, and it is a great way to explore the country's vast and beautiful landscapes. The Mongolian horse is a hardy breed that is well-suited to the country's harsh climate and terrain.
There are many different places to go horseback riding in Mongolia, from the rolling hills of the steppe to the snow-capped mountains of the Altai. Here are some of the most popular places for horseback riding in Mongolia:
- Gorky Terelj National Park: This park is located just outside of Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. It is home to a variety of landscapes, including forests, mountains, and lakes.
- Khentii Mountains: These mountains are located in the northeastern part of Mongolia. They are home to a number of historical sites, including the birthplace of Genghis Khan.
- Orkhon Valley: This valley is located in the central part of Mongolia. It is home to a number of ancient ruins, including the city of Kharkhorin, which was once the capital of the Mongol Empire.
- Western Mongolia: This region is known for its vast grasslands and desert steppes. It is a great place to go horseback riding if you are looking for a more challenging experience.
- Gobi Desert: The Gobi Desert is the largest desert in Mongolia. It is a harsh and unforgiving landscape, but it is also a beautiful and unique place to go horseback riding.
Check out our article Gobi Desert Cup - Equestrian Adventures in Mongolia.
No matter where you go horseback riding in Mongolia, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to Mongolia:
Enjoy your trip to Mongolia!
Vacations - Mongolia
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.