Horseback riding is a popular activity in Finland, and there are many places to go horseback riding, from the forests of Lapland to the beaches of the Åland Islands. Here are some of the most popular places for horseback riding in Finland:
- Lapland: Lapland is known for its stunning scenery, and there are many opportunities for horseback riding in the region. You can ride through forests, over mountains, and even on frozen lakes.
- The Åland Islands: The Åland Islands are a group of islands off the coast of Finland, and they are known for their beautiful beaches and clear waters. You can go horseback riding along the beach, or you can explore the islands' interior on horseback.
- Kymmene Valley: The Kymi Valley is located in southern Finland, and it is known for its forests and lakes. There are many horseback riding trails in the valley, and you can also go for a swim in the lakes after your ride.
- Savonia: Savonia is located in eastern Finland, and it is known for its lakes and forests. There are many horseback riding trails in Savonia, and you can also go for a hike or a swim in the lakes after your ride.
- Karelia: Karelia is located in southeastern Finland, and it is known for its forests and lakes. There are many horseback riding trails in Karelia, and you can also go for a hike or a swim in the lakes after your ride.
No matter where you go horseback riding in Finland, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to Finland:
- The best time to go horseback riding in Finland is during the summer, when the weather is warm and sunny. The winter months can be cold and snowy, but there are still some places where you can go horseback riding.
- Choose a riding company that has a good reputation and that offers rides that are appropriate for your skill level.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in easily. You should also bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Listen to your guide and follow their instructions. They are there to keep you safe and to help you have a good time.
Enjoy your trip to FInland!
Vacations - Finland
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.