Horseback riding is a popular activity in Peru, and there are many places to go horseback riding, from the Sacred Valley to the Amazon rainforest. Here are some of the most popular places for horseback riding in Peru:
- The Sacred Valley: The Sacred Valley is located in the Andes Mountains, and it is home to many Inca ruins and archaeological sites. You can go horseback riding through the valley, and you may even get to see some of the ruins up close.
- The Amazon rainforest: The Amazon rainforest is the largest rainforest in the world, and it is home to a variety of wildlife. You can go horseback riding through the rainforest, and you may even get to see some of the rainforest's unique animals, such as monkeys, jaguars, and toucans.
- The Colca Canyon: The Colca Canyon is one of the deepest canyons in the world, and it is located in the southern Andes Mountains. You can go horseback riding along the rim of the canyon, and you will be rewarded with stunning views of the canyon and the surrounding mountains.
- The Inca Trail: The Inca Trail is a famous hiking trail that leads to Machu Picchu. You can also go horseback riding on the Inca Trail, and this is a great way to experience the trail without having to hike the entire distance.
- Machu Picchu: Machu Picchu is an ancient Inca city that is located high in the Andes Mountains. You can go horseback riding to Machu Picchu, and this is a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
No matter where you go horseback riding in Peru, you're sure to have a memorable experience. The scenery is stunning, the horses are well-trained, and the guides are knowledgeable and experienced. So saddle up and enjoy the ride!
Here are some things to keep in mind when planning a horseback riding trip to Peru:
- The best time to go horseback riding in Peru is during the dry season, which is from May to September. The rainy season can be from October to April, and the trails can be muddy and slippery during this time.
- Choose a riding company that has a good reputation and that offers rides that are appropriate for your skill level.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in easily. You should also bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Listen to your guide and follow their instructions. They are there to keep you safe and to help you have a good time.
Enjoy your trip to Peru!
Vacations - Peru
There are lots of interesting articles in our section on Travel & Tourism.