My Account Login | Contact Us

Long Distance 'Mustang Extraordinaire'

8 years 10 months ago #321 by
Long Distance 'Mustang Extraordinaire' Cools Down After Reaching Lifetime 5,000 Miles Thanks to Silver Whinnys™ by Sox For Horses, Inc.®

Tallahassee, FL (July 31, 2015) Lady Jasmine, aka 'Ladybug' was a wild mustang before Janet Tipton of Erda, UT, adopted her in 1999 and transformed her into a long distance riding partner. In June 2015, the now 19 year-old Bureau of Land Management (BLM) branded roan mare and Tipton reached their American Endurance Riding Conference (AERC) 5,000 Limited Distance Miles mark after completing a six-day ride – in the top ten for Best Condition -- in Fort Stanton, NM.

Silver Whinnys™ by Sox For Horses, Inc. were there to offer Ladybug's legs cooling support after her extraordinary accomplishment.

“I used the Sox on Ladybug after the first day and her legs looked awesome when I took them off the next morning! Then, I put Ladybug's Sox on, after her final day of competition at Fort Stanton, and left them on to trailer her partway home the next day. I was truly surprised when I pulled the Sox off and her legs were cold to the touch and looked great. She is now officially at 5,150 lifetime Limited Distance miles and 310 endurance miles. Ladybug and I are totally in love with Sox for Horses and Silver Whinnys,” said Tipton.

“I can't believe she's 19. It seems like yesterday we were picking up a scrawny three year-old,” she said about her 13.2-hand partner. The pair, who accepted the MRER (Mountain Region Endurance Riders) Partners Award in 2013, averaged 25 to 35 miles per day at Fort Stanton. Ladybug became AERC's highest-mileage Limited Distance horse in October 2013 at the Moab Canyons, Utah ride (with 3,985 miles).

Tipton adopted the filly from a Logan, UT, wild horse adoption but insists that Ladybug chose her, instead of the other way around. “I didn't want a mare. I'd never had a mare before but she kept watching me as I walked around the building.” She had been rounded up off the Antelope Valley Herd Management Area near Ely, NV, and seemed determined to become part of the Tipton family. The two also participate in Extreme Cowboy Challenges, dressage, drill teams, parades, and penning.

Janet and her husband, Cliff, are devoted to mustangs, having formed the Intermountain Wild Horse & Burro Advisers in 2003. Over the years, she estimates IWHBA has helped gentle, train and place more than 200 mustangs and burros.

“Ladybug was our first-try mustang and the start of so many wonderful adventures. The ultimate thrill is when someone comes up and says they adopted a mustang because of Ladybug. What an ultimate compliment.”

Sox For Horses, Inc.® and Silver Whinnys™ have received the ultimate compliment, being entrusted by this extraordinary mustang and her rider with the health and recovery of those miles-collecting legs.

Pull-on, machine-washable Silver Whinnys are made specifically for equine legs: They are knitted to both circulate air and wick moisture from the skin's surface, and the uniquely-embedded silver in the yarn offers optimum protection by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and fungi in the socks. Double-layered Silver Whinnys can help protect skin from harmful direct sunlight known to exacerbate skin issues like EPD.

About

Sox For Horses, Inc. (SFHs) is the first company to bring antimicrobial yarn solutions to the equine horsewear industry. The Sox For Horses, Inc. mission is to help owners, trainers and veterinarians better help equines by providing exceptional leg protection with high levels of quality, function and durability, through optimal use of cutting-edge yarn science. Through growth and opportunity, Sox For Horses, Inc. makes a difference in the lives of people and animals, supporting equine and animal rescue organizations while adding jobs in American manufacturing. Whinny Warmers® with Celiant® and Silver Whinnys™ (also known as Summer Whinnys®) are Made In America. Visit www.soxforhorses.com or call Sox For Horses, Inc. (850) 907-5724 to find the socks to fit your horse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author