My Account Login | Contact Us

PHOTOGRAPHIC PORTFOLIO REVIEWS & CRITIQUES

9 years 1 month ago #162 by
PHOTOGRAPHIC PORTFOLIO REVIEWS & CRITIQUES

One-on-One with Scott Trees

Saturday, June 20, 2015

AHP is pleased to offer photographic portfolio reviews and critiques by noted international equestrian photographer Scott Trees. This is an excellent opportunity to have your images reviewed by a photographer who not only shoots, but also teaches photography throughout the world.

Eight (8) 20-minute sessions will be available on a first come, first served basis on Saturday afternoon, June 20, 2015, during the AHP “Tally-Ho at the Alamo” Seminar in San Antonio, Texas. Reducing his standard $75 portfolio review fee for AHP members, the session fee is $50. This is a great opportunity to get “one-on-one” assistance from one of the world’s most respected equine photographers.

Scott Trees As a creative artist, SCOTT TREES strives to bring the extraordinary out of the ordinary, not just in his work but in his life. This philosophy has served him well, and in the world of international equestrian photography and video production, Trees has received prominent recognition. His international client list reads like a “who’s who” of distinguished owners, breeders and trainers throughout the world. His talent and experience have been commissioned for a variety of editorial and advertising assignments. In addition his work has been published worldwide in books and magazines.

“Whenever I look at a photograph, I always ask myself, ‘How could this be better?’ I apply this premise not to just my own work, but the work of other photographers as I do their portfolio reviews during my workshops,” says Trees. “My goal in a portfolio review is to offer suggestions and guidelines that will help the recipient compose a more powerful, improved image.”

Participants can bring 10 images, either in print or in a digital format, for Trees to review and discuss. Each review will take an average of 20 minutes. “I prefer to see the digital files, because they have a lot of metadata information. Also, I can upload them to my computer and visually demonstrate how such things as cropping can dramatically enhance the power of a photograph,” adds Trees.

To reserve your critiquing session, please complete the attached reservation form and send to ahorsepubs@aol.com or fax (386) 760-7728. You must be attending the seminar to schedule a session. Session fee of $50 may be paid by check payable to American Horse Publications or by credit card. Upon registration, you will receive an email to confirm your session and provide instructions for payment.

Chris

Christine W. Brune

Executive Director

American Horse Publications

www.americanhorsepubs.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author